I am so blessed to say that I have been a teacher to 22 1st graders for the past two days! I never could have expected what these two days would have been like, but so far, I am enjoying every minute of my 600 minutes that I'm there!
Anyway, one of my team teachers posted her "Top 10 Favorite Things about 1st Grade" and I decided to do the same...here goes!
1. Seeing 22 faces looking, listening, and smiling at me throughout the day.
2. Having sweet Rodolfo carry my chair all the way out to recess.
3. Ivy telilng me that 'She was so excited about 1st grade, that her tooth fell out!'
4. Loving that I work a 10 hour job and only get paid for 8 of those hours.
5. Sitting at a lunch table, surrounded by little boys telling me all about 'Video games with lots of blood, fighting, and helicoptors ...?'
6. Also sitting at the lunch table and having my very own class making fun of me for what I eat everyday for lunch...an apple, penut butter, and almonds!
7. Playing 'Heads up 7 Up' for indoor recess and seeing the students giggle, squeal, and laugh because 'Mrs. Barnes got picked!'
8. Learning new things about my students...Adonay went to Hawaiin Falls this summer; Acxel loves zebras; and Katie is into 'Kung-fu'.
9. Letting the kids think that I've been teaching for 'several years.'
10. Being called Mrs. Barnes ...and the occasional, "Mom".
All in all, after 2 days of teaching, I'm so thankful I chose this career and God gave me the opportunities to pursue it. Yes, I'm still learning, still nervous, still having TONS of questions, still trying to understand my students, but that's the beauty of it!!
PS. I will post a picture of me with my class by the end of this week..get ready, their wayyyy cute!