Thursday, February 3, 2011

Meet the Teacher

Ever since my friend Sophie introduced me to this blog, I've been hooked! Not only am I hooked on The First Grade Parade's blog, but on 10 of her other "teacher-friends" blog. I find myself spending hours looking at all of the cute and educational activities teachers are doing with their students. One thing thats going around is a "Meet the Teacher" linky party...so here are some Q & A's from myself...enjoy :)

First off, here's a little about myself...


My name is Emily and I'm a third year teacher in the big city. I never dreamed of becoming a teacher but that's where I felt called to about 6 years ago. I met my wonderful husband Josh at ACU...those were some of the best years of our lives. We go back for Homecoming each year and desperately wish we were back in college, we loved each minute of it!



Josh & I at my sorority's grub...yes we went as a TAXI. He was the foreign taxi cab driver and I was the annoyed New Yorker.

Over the past year we bought a house and a puppy. Here we are with both...
I have 2 wonderful parents and an awesome older sister who lives in Denver...
Now the Q & A...

Q: What would you be doing if you weren't a teacher?
A: I would really like to be a personal trainer. I'm not nearly qualified in this profession, but I think it'd be a lot of fun to work with people in this area.

Q: What are your hobbies?
A: I really enjoy exercising, being outdoors, and "crafting"!

Q: When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?
A: A mom. Yes it's true. I played "mom" all.the.time.

Q: What are your guilty pleasure?
A: Chocolate chip cookies. I used to eat 7 at a time when I'd get home from school (gross, I know!) Laguna Beach, The Hills, & The City (it's sad.) Corn dogs. Thrift store shopping.

Q: What is your biggest fear?
A: Losing a loved one.

Q: When you're on vaca, where do you like to go?
A: Seaside. It's heaven on earth. Everytime we leave, Josh and I have a good hour long conversation about how we should just leave everything and move there. Check out Simply Seleta's blog, she's a rockin' mom who lives in Seaside!

Q:What's the best advice you've ever received?
A: That's really hard to just 'whip up' in 10 seconds. I've gathered lots of great advice over the past years from my family, friends, and the Word. However, my mom called me earlier today and said "It's just as easy to do something the right way, than to do it the wrong way."

Q:What do you value most in others?
A: Humility and creativity.

Q: If you could choose one of your personality traits to pass down to one of your kids, what would it be?
A: Compassion towards others.

Q: If you could have lunch with anyone in the world, living or dead, who would it be?
A: Queen Esther (just finished an amazing Beth Moore study on her) and Ashton Kutcher (yes Josh knows about this hehe)


Now tell me something random about yourself...
On my first date with Josh, we went out to the lake after dinner. Because we went to a private college, we had "curfew" our freshmen year. So as he's putting his truck in reverse to head back to the dorm, it somehow goes in "forward" and begins to roll down the hill where it had been parked (and no, we were not "parking!"). Anyway, as it's rolling down, he's able to turn it sideways so we don't go headon into the water. We definitely get stuck and are trying to get the car out of the mud/water (remember we're in our nice 'date' clothes). He finally has to call some guys from the dorm to pull us out. An hour later we finally get out and since we're already late for curfew anyway, the 4 of us (me, Josh, 2 guys from the dorm) decide to just hit golfballs off the cliff into the water. It was a very memorable experience and he's still shocked I went out on a 2nd date with him :)

And there ya go! So long for now!

6 comments:

miss kranz said...

i LOVE that y'all went as a taxi!!!!! so great....i may or may not steal that idea sometime...loved learning more about my co-worker!! :)

bunnytrails said...

Awwwwww, I loved your post. Mom

Casey Orr said...

Emily! I just read your post. I had no idea there were so many adorable teacher blogs!! I am hooked! Thanks for riding about them! I hope you are enjoying this snowy week!

Anonymous said...

Nice to "meet" you! Yummmm, I am going to have to get some chocolate chip cookies now. Love your blog.

Amber
http://fabulousfirstgrader.blogspot.com/

Amanda said...

Cute blog! I found you through the link party! :)

Amanda
http://www.oneextradegree.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

enjoyed reading this and yes...getting to know more about my daughter...love dad