Saturday, September 27, 2008

Happy Birthday Johnny!

On Friday, September 26, my class celebrated Johnny Appleseed's birthday! That whole week we had an 'Apple Unit' and Friday was our day to celebrate! It included tasting different types of apples, reading apple books, talking about the five parts of an apple, making applesauce, and of course we HAD to do some Math in there. However, the day was 'topped off' by eating our 'classroom-made' applesauce and singing Happy Birthday to Johnny! I'm so sorry I have not posted more recent pictures of my class...but here is the 'applesauce table':


Here are the kids enjoying the applesauce and loving Friday's at school!




3 comments:

bunnytrails said...

Yummy! I LOVE applesauce!! So glad you posted some pics of your little darlings. Yep, they look like very happy first graders!

Rhonda said...

What a great group of kids! I hope they know how lucky they are to have you for a teacher. I want to be in your class.....

Anonymous said...

Love it! So cute!